Amitabh Bachchan’s voice goes live on Alexa:
Now you can ask him to play the song,most Indians have dreamed of meeting superstar Amitabh Bachchan at least once in their lifetime. But so what if you never got to meet her, now you can talk to her using your Alexa-powered devices. Amazon has announced that India’s first celebrity voice featuring Amitabh Bachchan is available starting today. Indian users can add Bachchan’s voice to their Echo smart display and speaker by pressing the mic icon on the Amazon Shopping app. Notably, this feature is only available for the Android app.
To enable the feature on your Echo device, you will have to pay an introductory price of Rs 149 per year. You can simply place an order saying, “Alexa, introduce me to Amitabh Bachchan” and then interact with them using the words “Amit ji” to make a purchase. For just Rs 149, you will have access to content handpicked by Amitabh Bachchan. You can listen to his life stories, a selection of poems from his father, tongue twisters, motivational quotes, and more.
Additionally, users can also ask “Amit Ji” to play songs for them, set alarms and get weather updates. For general information, shopping updates, and more, there’s Alexa. You can give the command in Hindi saying, “Amit ji, Silsila ke gagan bajaye”, “Amit ji, read Madhushala.” Not only this, you can also say to Amitabh Bachchan by saying “Amit ji, it’s my birthday”.
Talking about working with Amazon, Amitabh Bachchan said, “Working with Amazon to present my voice on Alexa was a new experience bringing together the magic of voice technology and artistic creativity. I am excited that my well-wishers can now interact with me through this new medium and look forward to knowing how they feel about it.”
Here’s how you can add Amitabh Bachchan’s voice on the Amazon app:
- Give commands by saying “Alexa, introduce me to Amitabh Bachchan” and listen to instructions
- After asking Alexa to introduce you to Bachchan, follow the instructions to make a purchase.
- Then say “Alexa, enable Amit Ji Wake Word” on the Echo device to enable this feature
- Go to your Amazon app on Android and tap the Alexa section
- Go to Alexa section in Settings tab and enable “Amit ji” wake word
- Once you enable wake word, you can ask Amit ji to play songs, recite dialogues. Exclusively, you can converse with Amit ji in Hindi and in English. To change the language, go to device settings on your Alexa app or say “Alexa, speak Hindi” on your Echo device.