Additional Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand addressed issues of Police Department
Dehradun, September 2: Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Uttarakhand, Shri Anand Bardhan, discussed various issues related to the police department with senior police officers at Uttarakhand Police Headquarters, Dehradun.
During the above discussions, the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Crime and Law and Order, Uttarakhand – through a presentation by Mr. Nilesh Anand Bharene, was made aware of the issues of the police department.
The work being done by the Uttarakhand Police on SMART (S-Sensitive & Strict, M-Modern with Mobility, A-Alert & Accountable, R- Reliable & Responsive, T-Trained & Techno-Savvy) Policing given by Hon’ble Prime Minister Appreciated by the Additional Chief Secretary, Home.
The following points were discussed in the meeting-
- In-depth brainstorming and discussion on issues like personnel, provisioning, modernization, police welfare, law and order, fire, communication, drugs, cyber crime etc.
- Discussion on policy for Anti Drugs, De-addiction and Rehabilitation Centres.
- Discussion on opening of traffic police stations in three districts- Udham Singh Nagar, Dehradun, Haridwar as a pilot project.
- Discussion on opening of police stations/posts in very important such as Dhari, Kedarkantha, Chopta etc.
- Discussion on opening of branch of Cyber Police Station in Srinagar and Almora.
- The request was made while discussing the speedy payment of 4600 grade pay of the jawans.
- Request to pass amendments in the Sub-Inspector and Chief Constable Rules at the earliest.
- Discussion on establishment of 3rd Battalion of IRB at Gairsain.
- Request was made for approval of modern vehicles for city and highway petrol.
- The Additional Chief Secretary, Home agreed to give uniform allowance in place of uniform to the jawans.
- In-principle consent was given while discussing to increase the prize money for police personnel.
- Request was made to increase the budget for police modernization.
- Request for opening of new fire units and grant of training allowances.
- Request to release and increase the budget for police buildings, police station/outpost buildings in the state.
- Discussion on acceptance of new vehicles in place of inactive vehicles.
- Request to increase the allocation of buses for movement of PAC personnel by buses instead of trucks for movement.
Director-General of Police, Uttarakhand Shri Ashok Kumar said that Uttarakhand Police has achieved a lot in the last years, a lot of work has been done towards sensitive policing, a lot of work has been done in cyber Is. We are doing well across the country in crime and law and order. We need the help of the government for infrastructure and modernization. Uttarakhand Police is moving ahead on the concept of Smart Policing of Hon’ble Prime Minister.
Additional Chief Secretary, Home, Government of Uttarakhand, Shri Anand Bardhan said that the Government is with the Police Headquarters in making Uttarakhand Police a smart police and we will extend full cooperation in this direction.
In the meeting, Secretary Home – Shri Ranjit Sinha, Additional Secretary Home – Shri Krishna Kumar VK, Additional Secretary Home – Shri Atar Singh, along with Additional Director General of Police, C.B.C.I.D./PAC- Shri P.V.K. Prasad, Additional Director General of Police, Administration- Shri Abhinav. Kumar, Inspector General of Police, P/M- Shri Amit Sinha, Inspector General of Police, Crime and Law and Order- Shri V. Murugesan, Inspector General of Police, Intelligence & Security- Shri Sanjay Gunjyal, Inspector General of Police, Fire- Shri AP Anshuman, Inspector General of Police, Training- Shri Puran Singh Rawat, Inspector General of Police, Personnel- Shri Pushpak Jyoti, along with other police officers were present.